Who it helps
Spokespersons, management and subject matter experts from small start-ups to large established organisations. Anyone who is uneasy about the prospect of talking to a journalist or who avoids the opportunity a media interview can offer.
Where it helps
All meetings, conversations and interviews with journalists. Skills for both face-to-face & virtual/online occasions. Covering multi-media formats.
How it helps
The media interview is rapidly changing. Journalists no longer need cameras to gather news clips. They can simply broadcast video direct from your webcam. That might seem more convenient for you, but dealing with the media is still fraught with risks. Knowing what they are and how to turn them into an opportunity is extremely valuable. Delivered by an industry professional with over 30 years’ experience, this program coaches people in interview techniques; how to prepare for every question, and how to get your message across. Receive live ‘down-the-line’ style video interview practise and learn how to appear confident and relaxed on camera.
3 x 1hr online group video coaching sessions for 1 to 6 people.
Three fast-track modules
What to know before you agree to an interview, how to prepare and deliver key messages clearly and with confidence.
How to think on your feet, handle tricky questions and avoid common journalistic traps. Master the Bridging Technique.
How to deal with nerves and vocal fillers, and ensure your style & personality come across. Plus, why you should always be W.I.S.E.
- Learn techniques to communicate more effectively in any type of media environment, delivering a strong interview with memorable soundbites.
- Enhance your reputation and that of your organisation by securing good publicity.
- Help tell your story, sell a product or service, promote an idea or trend and, if necessary, fend off industry critics.
- Develop your own style in front of a camera so you can be a go to spokesperson for any media encounter.
- Ensure you are never caught out by any journalist.